Friday, June 17, 2011

20 Weeks! (06/17/11)

As of today I'm 20 weeks along. As you can see the baby is roughly the size of a cantaloupe. The baby is about 6.5" tall and weighs about 10.6 oz.


Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.


I better eat those veggies (especially those greens that children typically hate)! I always told myself that I'm going to encourage my children to eat what is on the dinner table...no special meals for them! *Evil laughter*

For the most part I've been feeling pretty good. I just have been extremely tired and achey. I still get nausea spells but they quickly pass. I also noticed that if I let myself get too hungry I still start to feel queasy so I try to keep a baggie of nuts or something with me just in case.

Our anatomy scan is on Monday, the 20th, at 2PM and I could not be more nervous and excited about it. I know, weird combo right? Any pregnant woman on earth would understand. Nervous because there's always that what if. What if there's no heart beat? What is the baby's brain isn't developing like it's suppose to? What if they find an abnormality? I've been feeling the baby move often through out the day so I'm being unreasonable but that doesn't mean that he/she is perfectly healthy. I'm excited to see the beautiful little human DH and I created in there on the big screen monitor in the office while I lay there on the table. I'm excited to see him/her flip and move around while moving those limbs, fingers and toes. I'm excited to see DH's look on his face when he sees him/her. His facial expressions are priceless and he wont admit it but he's soooo in love already. I'm also excited to find out if the baby is a boy or girl! After our anatomy scan we're off to go start our registery followed by a nice dinner! I already made a list of high ticket items that I want to check out that have been sorted by category, price, where it can be purchased and their rating. Not to mention I've been researching non-stop on carseats, cribs, pack n' plays, booster seats, strollers, etc. How sick am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment