Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First Purchase for Baby! (06/28/11)

I don't know why I was so hesitant to make my first few purchases for Sophia. I kind of feel like I'm still too early and I'll jinx it. However, I'm not too early by any means. I'm more than halfway through the pregnancy for God sakes! I got her monthly baby onsie stickers and closet dividers. I'm also a crochet beginner and a baby booties addict so I bought these patterns: ruffled mary janes, spider slippers and ankle boots. You bet your butt I'll making these in all different colors and sizes! I also wanted to get these and these but I had to stop myself before I spent too much money on those adorable baby booties!

I was feeling a lot of movement a few days ago and now I hardly felt any movement yesterday and this morning. It's comforting to me to feel her toss n' turn, kicking, hiccupping and all...it's kind of like 'I'm here Mom and I'm doing ok.' I guess I'm just a crazy worry-wart (thanks, Mom!)

I'm off on the 4th of July so I'll have a 3-day weekend! I figured I would start doing some cleaning and clearing out where Sophia's space will be. I really want to dig into her closet and clear out the corner where the door is. Those are the messiest areas of the room. Then after that it's pretty much smooth sailing then we can slowly start to rip up the carpet and put pergo flooring down. I'm so excited!

We finished up our registry. I have to refrain myself from continuing to research baby gear and all or else I'll end up from scratch with a whole new registry. I think DH and I did well though. Everything that we registered for was gender neutral, safe and had great ratings...can't ask for anything better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment