Friday, June 24, 2011

21 Weeks! (06/24/11)

As of today I'm 21 weeks. As you can see the baby is roughly the size of a banana. The baby is about 10.5" tall and weighs 12.7 oz.

Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, if baby is a girl, her womb is now stocked up with her lifetime supply of six million eggs (the number will drop to around one million by birth).


So you hear stories about pregnant women who go to work or school in mismatching shoes because they can't see their feet, right? Well my embarassing story would be yesterday I went to work sporting a pair of maternity pants that had a split going all the way down my ass. No one was nice enough to tell me either. How horrifying! Word of advice: always check out your own ass in the mirror before leaving the house and in the bathroom after every potty break! I'm not sure if they had the split all day or if it split during the day.

Current symptoms? My lower back is killing me to the point where I'm kind of sitting and walking funny. I woke up feeling kind of nauseated this morning...stay away M/S! You're not welcome! I've been sleeping pretty crappy. I just can't seem to get comfortable and once I do fall asleep I seem to wake myself up often to see if I'm on my side or not. If I'm not on my side I kind of freak myself out and it's hard to go back to sleep. Right now I'm not sure if it's allergies or a cold but my nose wont stop running, I'm pretty stuffy, I can't stop sneezing and feel like I got hit by a mac truck. Awesome. Just so you know - sneeze attacks are not for a pregnant woman. One word - sniss.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! I plan on resting up, watching some movies and working on my registry.

No comments:

Post a Comment