Friday, June 3, 2011

18 Weeks! (06/03/11)

As of today I'm 18 weeks. As you can see the baby is roughly the size of a sweet potato. The baby is about 5.6" tall and weighs 6.7 oz.

Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements.


I haven't thrown up in almost 2 weeks. That's a huge milestone for me! I still get nausea spells but they quickly pass. I can't tell you the last time I took a Zofran pill either. Go me! This really excites me. As far as sleep goes, I still have some sleepless nights where I'm tossing and turning, can't get comfortable. Very rarely do I sleep like a rock.

I've been stressing out lately...big time. I'm in the process of getting promoted at my job but in the mean time I'm doing my old job and picking up my co-workers slack because she attends online classes while at work. That makes for a very stressed pregnant lady. I've also been nesting like nobody's business. I'm playing with the idea of DH and I moving into the spare bedroom and making our room the nursery. Before the baby comes we'd like to rip out the carpet and put down new flooring too. That's a lot of work and just thinking about it stresses me out and scares me that we wont be able to get it all done before baby arrives.

Well I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! I know I will. Saturday we have a 1st birthday party to go to. Sunday I'm cleaning my ass off because DH and I are expecting his Sister, her husband and 2 boys (our nephews, one we didn't get to meet yet). Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment