Monday, May 23, 2011

Monthly Check-up Anxiety (05/23/11)

Although my symptoms are starting to fade, which is normal in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy, I can't help but think about miscarriage. I'm getting my energy back, M/S only occurs once or twice a week instead of every morning, I can think about food with out gagging, etc. My 16 week check-up is quickly approaching and I'm getting horrible anxiety just thinking about it. The usual thoughts go through my head as I check in for my appointment... 'What if there's no heartbeat?' 'How on earth am I going to be able to tell everyone we lost our baby?' 'Am I going to get any bad news?' 'What kind of testing am I going to be sent for now?'. Once I hear that beautiful heartbeat on the doppler I feel like a million pounds has lifted off my shoulders, my heart skips a beat and I fall in love all over again.

This constant worrying thing is a bit too much to handle at times. Will this worry ever go away? I'm told it will never go away. Even when my "child" is 30 years old and married with children that worry never goes away. Can I handle this worry until the day I die? I guess we'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment