Friday, July 15, 2011

24 Weeks! (07/15/11)

I'm 24 weeks today! The baby is still about the size of a papaya. The baby is actually the size of a papaya all of month 5 she's just gaining some baby chub.

Baby's skin is becoming more opaque as the fat starts to pack on. And, thanks to the formation of small capillaries, her newly thick skin is taking on a fresh pink glow.


Now that I'm getting further along I'm starting to freak myself out a bit. I still haven't started getting the baby's space ready, haven't ordered the crib or changing table, haven't started nesting yet, NOTHING! Why you ask? Because I have absolutely no stinkin' energy. At all! It's horrible. I would sleep a majority of the day if I could...everyday! Isn't that sad? I was so looking forward to that burst of energy you're suppose to get in 2nd tri but I just never go it.

Next Tuesday I go in for my monthly doctors appointment and I'll have a few questions to ask him during this appointment.

1. Is there something else we can do about my severe back pain?
2. I've been getting some pretty bad pains where my pelvic bone ends and where my thigh bone meets. It hurts to do any kind of movement that requires moving my hips or spreading my legs (ie: getting in and out of my car/bed, getting dressed, shaving my legs, walking, etc.) What is this and is there something I can do to make it more bearable?
3. I've gained 12 pounds so far. Is that too much considering I'm only 24 weeks along?
4. DH and I planned on taking a trip sometime in December to Florida for a short vacation. Would you clear us to fly?

I'm sure I'll think of more. I don't usually have any questions during my monthly visits but this time it seems like all these pains are coming down on me at once. I know I'm pregnant and it's normal to get pains to feel like you're basically falling apart. I just need to hear it from my OBGYN to believe it I guess. *Sigh*

This is nothing baby related but my promotion and raise finally went through at work. It only took 2 weeks which didn't take as long as I expected. My boss made it seem like I may or may not even be approved for it. I'm now making double of what I use to make. Woohoo! Too bad we're closing in exactly 2 months from today and I'm getting laid off. The way I look at it though is atleast I'll be able to collect unemployment and treat that time off as a getting ready for baby vacay (not so much a vacation when you have furniture to put together, painting to do, carpet to tear up, cleaning to do, etc.) and maternity leave. I plan to go back to work around February or March.

Since today is Friday and I'm bored I guess I'll share my weekend plans with you all. DH's Mom moved to Aberdeen, MD because her job got relocated. The original plan was to help her move into her apartment but that got pushed back to next week. However, she planned for a BBQ this weekend for helping her move so we're still going to go to the BBQ. Next weekend we'll return to help her move and go to the Monmouth County Fair. *Sqeeeee* I've been looking forward to that fair for weeks! I'm so excited!! Enjoy your weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment