Friday, July 22, 2011

25 Weeks! (07/25/11)

As of Friday I turned 25 weeks. The baby should be roughly about the size of an eggplant; 13.6 to 14.8" and 1.5 to 2.2 lbs. The baby will be about the size of an eggplant until I'm 29 weeks along. The baby is just getting slightly taller and gaining some baby chub each week. Only 3 more days until the double digit count down begins! Right now I have 102 days to go!

That oh-so-handy sense of equilibrium is kicking in, and baby's learning to distinguish right side up from upside down.


Not much to report here. Not last blog post but the one before I made a vow to myself that I'll start nesting and getting ready to move into a bigger room in the house and create a space for Sophia. Well I kept my vow and organized our bathroom and started throwing things away in the other bedroom that we intend to move into. I spent only about 5 hours cleaning and what not and felt like I got hit by a mack truck. My hips, back and thighs hurt so bad I was nearly in tears. So it'll be a slow work in progess with the help of my DH if he cooperates.

I'm officially starting to feel some stronger movement in my belly. Yesterday I was sitting on the couch with my feet up (damn cankles!) and resting my hands, which are folded, on my belly watching TV. She kicked so hard you could see my hands and belly moving. Then I felt a kick closer to my ribs. Times like that I could totally turn the TV off and just watch the movements on my belly! It's an amazing feeling and never gets old. This is probably the one pregnancy symptom I'll miss most once I give birth.

Last night I had my first baby dream while pregnant. I had a dream that I had a smooth premature birth at 35 weeks and she turned out to be beautiful. She had brown hair and brown eyes, very wide-eyed and alert. I kind of felt that "Mother's love" that everyone talks about in my dream when I got to hold her for the first time. It felt amazing. We took her home and she adapted to a schedule and was a very good baby, not too fussy or anything. And the biggest thing of all - we both did well breastfeeding! Then my alarm went off. BUMMER! I can't wait until she's actually here! Is it November yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment