Friday, August 26, 2011

30 Weeks! (08/26/11)

I'm 30 weeks today! Ekkk! Only 70 more days to go! Next week I'll hit 31 weeks and then have 9 weeks remaining. *Panicks* Baby is still about the size of a squash; 15.2 - 16.7" long and weighs 2.5 - 3.8 lbs.
At 30 weeks, your belly’s doing more than just making it tough to find a comfortable sleeping position. It’s made itself a conversation piece. Everywhere you go, someone seems to have a comment about your physical appearance, which isn’t always so fun. And no doubt, you’ve encountered quite a few people who don’t think before they speak and say something embarrassing or hurtful (what’s up with that?) Try not to take those comments seriously, but know which ones should be taken to heart. Like when they tell you you’re glowing, believe them! And take advantage of some of the perks (when someone offers you their seat on the train -- take it!) At week 30, your dreams might be getting even weirder -- if you’re actually sleeping, that is. That could be a result of anxiety, so consider doing some prep work to help you rest easier. One idea? Do a test drive to see exactly how long it really takes you to get to the hospital. Then maybe you’ll stop having nightmares about giving birth in your car.
- Her skin is getting smoother.
- But her brain is getting wrinklier -- to make way for all that essential brain tissue.
- She's now strong enough to grasp a finger!
I've been doing my kick counts nightly after dinner as that's usually when she's most active. Last night it took her awhile to get going and that worried me sick to the point where I felt nauseous. I even had DH put his hand on my belly and start talking to her, which usually gets her going but nadda. Once I went bed it was party time for her in there. Oh joy! Is this a sign of what's to come?
While watching Jersey Shore last night in bed I got to thinking about the things I'd miss once she joins us.
- Movement. Even though waking up from a deep sleep due to a kick in the ribs is uncomfortable I wouldn't trade it for the world.
- My OBGYN appointments. Oddly enough, I love going in and getting my blood pressure checked, getting weighed, listening to her heartbeat, asking my questions, bringing up concerns, etc. After each appointment I feel comforted.
- DH's loving and caring ways. Not that he's not loving and caring when I'm not pregnant but he seems to go a bit further and beyond than he normally does. Every time I stop dead in my tracks from a pain or an ache he immediately says "ARE YOU OK?!" "Yes, dear. I'm fine." He's been stepping up to the plate and helping me out any way that he can.
- Watching DH with other children and imagining him with Sophia. His Sister and 3 cousins have children of their own. It's absolutely priceless watching him interact with their children. He claims he's not scared of what's to come but I can tell that there's something there. He may not be scared but he may be nervous. I know he'll be an awesome Dad, no doubt in my mind. I actually fear that she'll be a Daddy's girl. No fair!
- Feeling the constant 24/7 bonding feeling. I'm carrying her with me 24/7 right now...I have been for 30 weeks now. There's no closer bond than that. I know when to expect her to start kicking, she kicks when I start getting hungry, certain foods that I eat make her go wild, I know when she gets the hiccups just by feeling them, loud noises scare her and she jumps, etc.
Yes, I may have cellulite. Yes, I may have stretch marks. Yes, I feel like a beached whale. Yes, I'm sick of the rude comments from some friends, family, co-workers and strangers. Yes, I hate being tired all the time. Yes, I hated throwing up for the first 16 weeks of my pregnany. Yes, I hate being so darn paranoid about this pregnancy. But you know what? I'm thankful and I wouldn't change it for the world. <3 Momma loves you Sophia Marie! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment