Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Weekend (08/30/11)

So I had a hectic weekend to say the least. After work on Friday and for a majority of Sunday DH and I prepared ourselves for our first hurricane, hurricane Irene. We got food and water, candles, lighters and a few extra candles. We brought all loose items from the patio inside to the garage. We started to pack an over night bag incase we had to evacuate. We we declared state of emergency and the next town over from us had to be evacuated. We live about a 15 minute walk from the beach so we had to keep an eye on the news closely for updates. It was estimated to hit us around 9:00PM Saturday night and we were never evacuated so we just hung tight. We weren't hit with the hurricane until late Saturday night. DH and I went to sleep Saturday at around 10:00PM and woke up several times that night from the heavy rain and winds. We didn't get any flooding or damage on the house though. Yay! We didn't even lose power! Just about everyone I talked to after the hurricane lost power. We were so lucky!

DH and I have been discussing getting a 4D u/s since we found out we were pregnant. I found a place that does them that is about 30 minutes away from me. About 3 weeks ago I made an appointment for Saturday, August 27th at 8:20AM. I got the "Standard 4D" package for $150.00 which includes:
- 10 minute DVD set to music
- 5 Black & White thermal images
- CD ROM of 10 to 25
- Color 3D images for printing or e-mailing to your family and friends
- Gender determination
- Discount of 20% on all return visits**
- Includes a CD and DVD
Score! However, the appointment is only 15 minutes long with absolutely no wiggle room. On Saturday morning DH and I went in for our elective 4D u/s. We were super excited about this appointment and then quickly bummed once we learned our LO would not cooperate. We saw her for about 15 seconds with her hands in a fist up by her mouth and nose. How beautiful! The u/s tech immediately told us to get up and walk around for 10 minutes. We did that and tried again. LO was facing my back so we couldn't see her precious face and the u/s tech immediately asked me if I ate. I said yes and she said "Well, you can get up and walk around some more or just re-schedule. Your call." She was so rude! DH and I decided to walk to the bagel shop next door and I got a coffee and orange juice. I chugged those and went in for round 3. No such luck. LO was still facing my back. Ugh! This little girl is something else. Every time we go in for an u/s she gives us problems...never fails! Gotta love her anyway though! So DH and I made another appointment to try again this Friday the 2nd at 5:00PM. Wish us luck!

So tomorrow is my last day at work before I get laid off and I don't think I could be more excited. I'm ready to get the house ready for the baby's arrival. I've been putting it off because I just don't have the energy to do it after a full day of work. No more excuses now!

No comments:

Post a Comment