Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Addyson Olivia (08/16/11)

A close friend of the family, BJ, had her second little miracle baby on Wednesday, August 10th, 2011. She had her about 3 weeks early and she couldn't be more perfect. She weighed 4lbs 15oz and measured 17" long.


Addyson Olivia

Once BJ and her baby were released from the hospital they came to visit us. I snatched that precious little girl and got to hold her for the first time. She was so tiny and so perfect. She was making little baby noises, she smelt like "baby", moving her perfect little arms, feet, fingers and toes. At that very moment I fell in love. How can you not fall in love with something so small and so precious?

BJ started talking to me about a few of her birth story details just to warn me about what may happen so I'll be prepared. It scared the living daylights out of me. But you know what? Holding that beautiful little girl in my arms staring at her as she's telling me about it and feeling the love I have for her new little girl would totally be worth it to me. Even if I had the worst labor experience I could ever imagine it would totally be 100% worth it to take my baby girl home and hold her like I did with Addy.

I went to visit my parents in Connecticut over the weekend and they surprised me with the travel system DH and I wanted. We registered for the Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller - Midori . I never thought I'd be so excited over a stupid carseat and stroller. I mean who does that?! I guess things change the moment you find out you're pregnant, huh? DH and I went home on Sunday late afternoon and immediately put it together. I had a strong urge to take it for a stroll babyless around the block but it was raining. Go ahead - make fun of me but DH already beat you to it! Since it was raining and I couldn't I just took it for a stroll around the house. I freakin' love this travel system. I love the colors, I love how it drives so smoothly, I love the large basket, I just love everything about it! Thanks Mom and Dad! Sophia sure will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment