Thursday, March 17, 2011

Morning Sickness (03/17/11)

I absolutely hate myself for "wishing" I'd have morning sickness to "feel" pregnant. That must be my biggest mistake to date. This morning I woke up at 5:45 to get ready for work. I did my usual use to bathroom, brush my teeth, wash my face and straighten my hair. I then got dressed and the queasyness hit me like a ton of bricks. I was dry heaving and gagging like no other. I was able to finish getting dressed and get downstairs to eat a few saltines and drink some water. I was able to keep those down so I switched to lightly buttered toast. Well after two bites I ran for the bathroom to throw up. It never fails. No matter what I do in the morning I'm running in that bathroom to throw up. I pray to God that I wont suffer from morning sickness through out the whole pregnancy (like a few of my friends have) otherwise my weight will drop significantly.

Although I'm throwing up only in the morning I still feel really queasy through out the day. I have a few tips and tricks to help me get through the day with out running for the bathroom.
- Eat 5 to 6 small meals
- Chew sugar-free mint gum
- Snacking on sour candies & pickles
- Carbs are my best friends right now (rice, pasta, bread, potatoes, etc.)
- Lots of water helps keep the nausea at bay (try squeezing the juice of a lemon, lime or orange for added flavor)
- Keeping a sleeve of saltines in my purse just incase that moment of nausea hits I can snack on a few crackers to kick that feeling

As of today I'm 6w6d and I go in for my first U/S at 4:30 and I'm so nervous that I can't stop shaking. I'm absolutely terrified that they'll find an empty sac or see no heart beat. Or what if they find twins in there? That's about equally terrifying. "Today I'm pregnant and I love my baby." I was told that I have to drink 32oz. of water 45mins. prior to my U/S appointment too and I can't use the ladies room until the U/S is over with. What if I pee right on that table?

No comments:

Post a Comment