Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Off To The Doctors - UPDATE (04/05/11)

So I posted yesterday that I couldn't keep anything down including water for the past 2 or 3 days. I called my OBGYN and they suggested that I go in ASAP and depending on if I'm dehydrated or not I may have to go to the hospital and be put on IV's.

I went in at 10:30 and met DH there. They made me PIAC to do some testing, weighed me (lost 3 pounds), took my blood pressure, did a quick exam and a quick U/S. The baby looked good and the little heart beat was flickering away! Before I left the office my results came back normal (as in not dehyrated so no hospital). My OBGYN told me to worry about keeping hydrated and not worry about the food as much yet. He told me to eat ice chips, drink lemon or ginger tea, eat push pops/popsicles, drink small sips of water at a time, juices, suck on lemons, etc. I was also given a script for Zofran (an anti-nausea pill). I tried Zofran last night with lunch and dinner and it works! Hooray! The only side effect is extreme drowsiness. I'd rather be drowsy than feel like I have to throw up on everyone who crossed my path.

"Today I'm pregnant and I love my baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment